Asian style barbecue. This recipe combines classic American ingredients with a few traditional Asian flavors, such as fresh ginger, soy sauce, and rice vinegar, for a great all-purpose barbecue sauce. Cha Siu Kebab 叉烧肉 (Chinese BBQ) Chinese BBQ + smokiness from charcoal = perfection. Many thanks to Eat, Little Bird for sharing this light Vietnamese snack to serve with cold drinks.
Preparation Stir together all ingredients except sugar in a bowl. Cook sugar in a dry heavy saucepan over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt. Asian bbq sauce is similar to our traditional bbq sauce since it has ketchup and brown sugar. You can cook Asian style barbecue using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian style barbecue
- It’s of Sunflower seeds oil.
- Prepare of Cucumbers.
- You need of Pineapple.
- Prepare of Enokitake (a kind of mushroom buy at Asian store).
- It’s of Jicama.
- Prepare of Sweet potatoes.
- You need of Corns.
- You need of Chinese little steamed buns.
- It’s of Sausages.
- Prepare of Fish balls.
- You need of Beef.
- Prepare of Chicken wings.
- It’s of Squids.
- Prepare of Salt, black pepper powder, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice.
In Asian sauce, however, you'll find rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and ginger. These all give the barbecue sauce a unique flavor. It's so different than traditional smoky barbecue sauce, but is such a nice change. Lightly season the ribs with the five-spice powder so it forms a light crust.
Asian style barbecue step by step
- Chop fruits & vegetables like the picture.
- Mix sliced beef with mashed ginger & garlic, salt, black pepper powder & oyster sauce in 15 minutes Roll beef & enokitake by toothpicks.
- Mix chicken wings with ginger, salt, oyster sauce, paprika powder in 30 minutes (in refrigerator).
- Mix squids with mashed garlic, salt & oyster sauce in 15 minutes.
- Make the sauce to eat with barbecue: 1. Serve with ketchup or chili sauce 2. Mix salt, black pepper powder & lime juice (add fresh chili if you can eat spicy).
- Grill all dishes with oil above charcoal. Serve with sauce & drink (ice tea).
Put the ribs, meat side up, over an area of the grill with indirect. Sprinkle pork roast with garlic salt and pepper. Place in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Directions Mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, five-spice powder, garlic, ginger and food coloring in a metal, non-reactive bowl. Pour the marinade into a large zip-top.